Tuesday, July 26, 2022

New Release - Dinosaurs!

Hi PND Fans! It's Betty here today.  Paper Nest Dolls came out with the cutest dinosaur stamp set called Dino Party Set. This fabulous set comes with 4 dinosaurs, a saber toothed tiger, a hatching egg, a set of 2 eggs, a volcano, and a palm tree. These stamps are available in digital format and in red rubber.


The birthday card I'm sharing today features one of the dinosaurs, the hatching egg, the volcano, and the palm tree. I used the digital stamps so that I can make the stamps into the sizes I needed. After printing the stamps, I colored them with Copic markers, then fussy cut them out.

Copic markers used:
Dinosaur:
Green: G17, G01, G14, YR23, YR21
Blue: BG07, BG05, BG02, BG01

Hatching Egg:
Purple: BV29, V17, V15, V12, BV000
Yellow: YR27, YR24, Y19, Y18, Y13
Green: G17, G05, G14, YG23
Gray: C7, C5, C3

Volcano:
Brown: E49, E47, E44, E43
Red: R08, R05, R02

Palm Tree:
Green: G17, G05, G14, YG23
Brown: E18, E17, E13, E11

White gel pen to add some white dot highlights.


To create the sky, I used a clouds stencil from Stamp Anniething and inked it with Distress Oxide ink in Abandoned Coral. The rocky mountains are created using a mountains stencil from Stamp Anniething and inked with Distress Oxides in Gathered Twigs. After inking, I splattered water on the oxide inks and then blotted it with a paper towel. I then used a wonky stitched rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs to cut out this panel.


I adhered the volcano and the palm tree using liquid glue and used double-sided foam tape for the two dinosaurs. I created and printed the sentiment on my computer and cut it to size then added a brown cardstock mat and adhered it to the card front.

I used a stitched rectangular die from Scrappy Boy Stamps to cut out a white cardstock mat then adhered it onto a top folding A2 white card base. Then I adhered the card front to the mat and added a few enamel dots to finish the card.


This is such a cute and fun set of stamps! I hope you give this a try. 
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a creative day! ~Betty~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs