Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Back-To-School Mini Slimline Card

My Back-To-School Mini Slimline Card

Hello Crafty Friends! It's Laurie here! I am sharing my Back-To-School Mini Slimline Card using the digital stamp School Girl Avery by Paper Nest Dolls as my Design Team Inspiration Card.

The Details of My Card

I can’t believe that it’s September and the kiddos are back in school! Where did the summer go??

I had fun colouring Avery with my Copic markers to match my Doodlebug paper! Look at those gorgeous curls! They were a blast to colour in a strawberry blond! I decided to give her a “Mad Men” look with black glasses, but the red and green make her look like the schoolgirl she is.

The Photo Play Notebook die was a recent purchase, and I knew it would be perfect for my mini slimline card! I couldn’t resist using the practice letters paper from Doodlebug. Who else remembers practicing their letters in school? The die cut flags in various Doodlebug paper were from the Photo Play Die set.

The circle tag with the apple was something I picked up a long time ago and thought it suited my theme. Of course, I had to thread some linen thread through the hole and tied it with a bow! I strategically placed the tag so that an apple on the flag beneath shows through the die cut apple on the tag.

Don’t you just love the shaker apple! It’s a sticker from Michael’s that I had in my stash waiting for a back-to-school card. The stars are Doodlebug Sprinkles that tied in my colour scheme.

--------------------------

Copic Markers:

Skin: E000/E00/E21/E11/E04/R20
Hair: E18/E15/YR23/Y21
Reds: R29/R27/R25/R22/C5
Greens: YG67/YG63/YG03
Blacks: C7/C5/C3
School Bag: E37/E35/E33/E31/R27/R22


-------------------------

Card Recipe for My Back-To-School Mini Slimline Card:

School Girl Avery, Paper Nest Dolls
Paper Basics - Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Papertrey Ink
School Days, 6” x 6” Paper Pad, Doodlebug Design Inc.
Notebook & Banners Etched Dies, Photo Play 
Circle Tag with Apple Die, From My Stash
Apple Shaker Stickers, Recollections, Michael’s Arts & Crafts
School Sprinkles Shapes, Doodlebug Design Inc.
Linen Thread, Stampin’ Up!
Star Dust Stickles, Ranger (on heart on bag)
Glossy Accents, Ranger (on glasses and apple)
Real Red and Granny Apple Green Card Stock, Stampin’ Up!

Digital Stamp Size: 4 ¼” Tall

Finished card size: 3 ½” x 6 ¼”

--------------------------

Hope you like my Design Team card using
School Girl Avery by Paper Nest Dolls!

Thank you for stopping by!

Hugs,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs