Sunday, April 11, 2021

April new release: Rainy Day Owen

Hi PND Fans! Betty back with a card using a new release! "When life throws you a rainy day, play in the puddles!" Do you know what this means? It means that if you planned for something, but it did not go as planned, then make the best of what you have. You take that rainy day and turn it into something extraordinary. I thought this sentiment was perfect for this April new release stamp by Paper Nest Dolls called Rainy Day Owen.  This stamp comes in digital format and in red rubber (soon).


I made an A6 size card using the digital version of the stamp. This way, I can make the image as large as I want. I first printed the stamp and then colored it using Copic markers. I used the markers to make the rain showers. Colors are listed below.


Copic markers used:
Hair: E99, E97, E55, E53
Skin: R56, E11, E21, E00, E000
Blue clothes & boots: B39, B37, B26, B24, B32
Red Shorts & boat: R59, R37, R35, R24, R32
Duck: V01, Y13, Y11; beak: YR15, YR12, YR21
Raindrops & Water: C3, B23, B12, B01, B00
White sail: T3, T1, T0, Blender


I used patterned paper I had in my stash to make a mat for the card base. I matted the card front with white cardstock. I created the sentiment in MS-Word and printed it with my printer then trimmed it to fit the card. I also matted the sentiment with white cardstock and adhered it to the card. Since this card is made for a male, I did not add any bling. The card was finished.


This is a really cute stamp that could be used for birthdays, get well, friendship, hello, and more! So cute and easy to color! Hope you give it a try. Have a creative week! ~Betty~


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs