Thursday, April 22, 2021

Happy Earth Day

Hello Crafty Friends! It's Laurie here! I am sharing my Earth Day Card as my Design Team Inspiration Card for Paper Nest Dolls using the cute digital stamp Ellie With Flower Pot.

My Design Team Card

For those that don’t know what Earth Day is, it is an annual celebration that honours the achievements of the environmental movement and raises awareness of the need to protect Earth's natural resources for future generations. Earth Day is celebrated on April 22.

I thought Ellie With Flower Pot was perfect for my Earth Day Card! So, I coloured her with my Copic markers. I used recycled paper including some cardboard that I repurposed. The Green Stack is 70% recycled paper. The piece behind Ellie has such words as Wonderful World, Go Green, Blue Skies, Environment, Earth, Green Trees, etc. Perfect for an Earth Day card! The cardboard was some that I had kicking around the house. I pulled it apart and kept the middle corrugated part that I tore to fit my card. I just loved using all these recycled bits for my Earth Day card!

--------------------------

Copic Markers:

Skin: E04/E11/E21/E00/E000/R20
Hair: Y21/Y26/YR24/E25
Jeans: B99/B97/B95/B93/B91
Reds: R22/R24/R27
Yellows: Y32/Y32/Y38
Soil: E37/E35/E33
Leaves: YG11/YG23/YG/25/G28

Close Up of My Design Team Card

--------------------------

Card Recipe for My Earth Day Card:


Ellie With Flower Pot, Paper Nest Dolls
Paper Basics - Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Papertrey Ink
The Green Stack 70 % Recycled Paper Nature Themed, DCWV
2020-22 In Color 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper, Stampin’ Up!
Cardboard, From My Stash 
Labeler Alphabet, Stampin’ Up!
World Map Dies, Stampin’ Up!
Fanciful Flourish, Cheery Lynn Designs
Real Red, Missy Moonlight, Gumball Green and Whisper White Card Stock, Stampin’ Up!

Finished card size: 5.5” x 5.5”

--------------------------

“The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” —Lady Bird Johnson

Hope you like my Design Team card using Ellie With Flower Pot!

Thank you for stopping by!

Hugs,
Laurie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs