Sunday, June 19, 2022

A Viking Father’s Day Card


Hello Crafty Friends! It's Laurie here! I am sharing A Viking Father’s Day Card for my Design Team Inspiration for Paper Nest Dolls using the Viking Bundle. This bundle has three characters and two animals - Viking Andrew (with and without the mustache ties), Viking Owen, Viking Dragon, and Viking Boar. I love this bundle and made another card using just Viking Andrew without the mustache ties.

Details of my Card

I thought using Viking Andrew and Viking Owen together would make a perfect Father’s Day card! I had so much fun colouring with my Copic markers this brawny guy and his son in appropriate Viking colours!

For my card, I kept it simple to make the stamps stand out. I used the High Seas Embossing Folder to emboss the waves on Night of Navy card stock. This was placed on a Mossy Meadow card base. Next, I used a frame with Viking imagery that came with the digital papers for the perfect backdrop for my father and son! My simple sentiment was layered on a scrap of the Cozy Winter paper. This paper pack is not just for winter but has all-purpose patterns as well. The finishing touch was the Viking chipboard ship and some black matte dots.

--------------------------

Copic Markers

Viking Andrew
Skin: E04/E11/E21/E00/E000
Hair: W7/W6/W5/W3
Top: YG99/YG97/YG95/YG93/YG91
Pants/Mitts: R39/R37/R35/R32
Fur Trim: C7/C5/C3
Boots: E49/E47/E44
Axe: C7/C5/C4/C3/E49/E47/E44
Brass/Belt/Bracers: E18/E15/E11
Steel on Helmet: C7/C5/C3
Skull on Belt: E42/E41/E40/0
Horns on Helmet: E41/E40/0


Viking Owen
Skin: E04/E11/E21/E00/E000
Hair: E49/E39/E19/E13
Top/Boots/Shield: E29/E37/E35/E33
Pants: YG99/YG97/YG95/YG93/YG91
Fur Vest: C7/C5/C3
Steel: C7/C5/C3
Helmet/Belt: E18/E15/E11
Skull on Belt: E42/E41/E40/0
Horns on Helmet: E41/E40/0

--------------------------

Supplies for A Viking Father’s Day Card:

Viking Bundle, Paper Nest Dolls
Paper Basics - Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Papertrey Ink
Cozy Winter 12” x 12” Designer Paper Pack, P13
Viking Digital Paper, Happy Watercolor Shop
High Seas Embossing Folder, Stampin’ Up!
Home & Garden Stamp Set, Stampin’ Up! (Sentiment)
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad, Stampin’ Up!
Seafaring Chipboard, Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps
Classic Matte Dots, Stampin’ Up! (Hearts)
Night of Navy, Mossy Meadow and Basic White Card Stock

Stamp Sizes
Viking Andrew: 4”
Viking Owen: 3 ½”

Finished card size: 5 ½” x 4 ¼”

--------------------------

Hope you like A Viking Father’s Day Card using the Viking Bundle by Paper Nest Dolls!

Thank you for stopping by!

Hugs,
Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs