Friday, May 13, 2022

Have a ROARING Good Time on Your Birthday!

Hello PND Fans! It's Betty here. I am so loving the Paper Nest Dolls release called the Decade Dolls Collection. Previously, I made projects with Hippie Ellie and Disco Amara. Today, I am sharing a card I made with Flapper Girl Emma. It's hard to chose a favorite, since I love them all, but I really had fun coloring and making this glitzy card. She just makes the perfect birthday card, but of course, you can change the sentiment for another occasion. These stamps come in digital and in red rubber. I used the digital version so that I can make the stamp the size I needed.


To make this A2 size card, I printed the stamp 3-3/4" tall, colored it with Copic markers, then fussy cut her out. 

Copic markers used:
Skin: E04, E11, E00, E50
Hair: E59, E57, E55, E53
Cheeks: E93
Red: R39, R37, R35, R32


I used a white gel pen to create the sparkles and a silver gel pen to create the swirl on her headband.

The back panel is created using a stencil from a pack I got from Amazon and white pigment ink from Stampin' Up. I used a blending brush to ink this stencil onto black cardstock.


To create the silver stenciled background, I used a stencil from the pack I got from Amazon and Ranger Transparent Gloss Texture Paste with silver glitter mixed in. I cut the corners of this panel using a Corner Edger Die from Stamp Anniething then adhered it to the back panel.

I cut out three feathers from red glitter cardstock using Leaf Dies from Stamp Anniething. I created the sentiment on my computer, printed it, trimmed it to size, and added a black cardstock mat. I adhered the feathers under the sentiment. I adhered Flapper Girl Emma using double-sided adhesive foam tape. 
I adhered this card front on a top folding A2 white card base. To finish the card, I added a few sparkly rhinestones I had in my stash. 

Such a fun card to make! I hope you give this one a try! 


Thank you for stopping by today. Have a creative day! ~Betty~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs