Friday, April 28, 2023

Bunches of Wishes Card


Hello Crafty Friends! It's Laurie here! I am sharing my Bunches of Wishes Card that was published in the March Issue (#242) of the Simply Cards and Papercraft Magazine. I was honoured when Christine Young, owner of Paper Nest Dolls, asked me to create a card to be published using Shovel Gnome from the Gnome Set. There are ten images in the set including:

The Details of My Card

For my card, the Magazine had specified pastel colours with a Spring theme. So, I used The Four Seasons Spring, P13 paper for my card. I coloured my images with my Copic markers to match my paper. 

I love how the circles on the yellow paper match the circles in my design with the different flowers from the set and the sentiment! So many choices for him to think about planting! Lol!

Tip: Place all three circle dies on paper where you want them. Using a Post-it Note secure them to paper to keep position and run through die cutting machine all at the same time.

One thing that is so great about digital stamps is that I was able to add flowers to the wheelbarrow! Since I added tulips in it, I added a die cut tulip boarder behind him that I coloured to match my scene.

The sentiment was printed out on my computer and die cut out. It and the other circles were slid into place using liquid adhesive. 

The birds and butterfly added interest to my scene.

Clear Wink of Stella was added to the wings of the butterfly to add some sparkle.

--------------------------

Copic Markers

Shovel Gnome
Skin: E15/E13/E11/E00/E000/R20
Hair: E29/E27/E25/E23
Greens: G82/G43/G40 
Yellows: YR24/YR31/YR30 
Browns: E29/E27/E25E/23
Shovel/Shoes: C5/C3/C2


Tulips
Pinks: R85/R83/R81
Yellows: YR24/YR31/YR30
Greens: G82/G43/G40

Wheelbarrow
Wood: E29/E27/E25/E23
Wheel/Handle: C5/C3/C2

Birds
Blues: BG11/BG10
Beaks: YR24

Butterfly
Body: C5/C3/C2
Wings: BG11/BG10


Flowers/Tulip Border Die Cut
Pinks: R85/R83/R81
Yellows: YR24/YR31/YR30
Greens: G82/G43/G40

Sky
BG11/BG10/0

--------------------------

Card Recipe for My Bunches of Wishes Card

Gnome Set, Paper Nest Dolls
Paper Basics - Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Papertrey Ink
The Four Seasons Spring, P13
Aloe Vera Card Stock, Bazzill
Stitched Layering Circle Dies, Memory Box
Tulip Dies, Stampin’ Up!
Spring Gnome Sentiments, Polkadoodles Stamps & Papercrafting
Electronic die cutting machine and scissors
Manual die cutting machine
Clear Wink of Stella, Stampin’ Up!
Tombow Liquid Glue

Finished card size: 5” x 5”

Stamp Size: 3”

--------------------------

Hope you like my Design Team Inspiration Card using
Wheelbarrow Gnome from the Gnome Set by Paper Nest Dolls!

Thank you for stopping by!

Hugs,
Laurie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs