Friday, February 15, 2019

Spring is in the air....

Hello everyone, Jammie here... just daydreaming about spring.
The weather where I live (Idaho) is still frigid and I'm thinking that little groundhog has no clue what he's talking about.  So, I decided to color the adorable little Lulu with Peony image because she makes me think of spring.
To make this card I simply layered up a gradient of solid card stock under a beautiful piece of floral Graphic 45 paper.  I then used the same green card stock colors and an oval stitched die set to add a background to Lulu.  I used lots of pink flowers from Prima Crafts and from Wild Orchid Crafts to add to the spring vibe of the card. The sentiment is embossed with Nuvo embossing powder in hot chocolate and the edges of the white card stock treated with Distress Oxide ink in vintage photo. 

I love how this makes me think of spring even though it's snowing outside right now.  Maybe someday the sun will shine! Lol! 

You may have noticed that I'm the new kid on the block with the PND crowd.  Well, you're correct! I'm honored to be a part of this team and have been a PND fan for years. Most of you likely know my from my online coloring classes (Sweet Sentiment) or just being in the crafty world for about 5 years now.  When I was offered a place on the Design Team, I told Christine that I had too much going on and was way too busy, but.... how do you say no to Christine? (Hint: you don't, it's not a "thing.") So, here I am, and hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more of my coloring and creations for a long time to come. 
Thank you all for welcoming me as part of the PND team and I look forward to many years of crafty fun! Tootles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs