Saturday, April 27, 2024

Mother’s Day Birdhouse Card

 

Hello Crafty Friends! It's Laurie here! Mother’s Day is only a few weeks away! So, I am sharing my Mother’s Day Birdhouse Card as my Design Team Inspiration Card for Paper Nest Dolls using Avery with Birdhouse Banner

The Details of My Mother’s Day Birdhouse Card

I just love this sweet image with her birdhouse banner! Perfect for a Mother’s Day gift from a little girl! I coloured Avery with my Copic markers in soft purples and pinks to match my Spring Echo Park paper.

For my card, I decided to add a cute die cut birdhouse using the Echo Park papers to match my colouring and Avery’s birdhouse banner. And I couldn’t resist placing a momma bird inside the house by using the Bird Ballet DSP especially since this was a Mother’s Day card!

Next, I added a banner using the different papers that match my colour scheme. This overlayed the stamped Highland Heather sentiment that was die cut with the Scallop Contours Dies. All this was layered onto a larger scalloped Petal Pink piece to complete my focal point.

Finally, for embellishments, I added some Brass Butterflies to match the butterflies on the paper, as well as, added Star Dust Stickles to the hearts on Avery’s outfit.

--------------------------

Copic Markers

Skin: E04/E11/E21/E00/E000/R20
Hair: E25/YR24/Y36/Y21
Pinks: R02/RV42/R01 
Blues: BG75/BG72/BG70
Purples: V15/V12/V01
Browns: E35/E33/E31/E30

--------------------------

Card Recipe for My Mother’s Day Birdhouse Card

Avery with Birdhouse Banner, Paper Nest Dolls
Paper Basics - Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Papertrey Ink
It’s Spring Time 12” x 12” Collection Kit, Echo Park Paper Co.
Bird Ballard Designer Series Paper, Stampin’ Up!
Build-A-Birdhouse Dies, Lawn Fawn
Fishtail Banner Borders Dies, Lawn Fawn
Scallop Contours Dies, Stampin’ Up!
Celebrate You Stamp Set, Stampin’ Up!
Highland Heather Classic Ink, Stampin’ Up!
Brushed Brass Butterflies, Stampin’ Up!
Star Dust Stickles, Ranger
Petal Pink and Pecan Pie Card Stock, Stampin’ Up!

Finished card size: 5 ½” x 4 ¼”

Stamp Size: 4”

--------------------------

Hope you like my Design Team Inspiration Card using Avery with Birdhouse Banner by Paper Nest Dolls!

Thank you for stopping by!

Hugs,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs