Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Candy Cane Wishes Card 


Hello Crafty Friends! It's Laurie here! I am sharing my Candy Cane Wishes Card as my Design Team Inspiration Card for Paper Nest Dolls using the cute Tiny Elf Ellie

The Details of My Card

For my card, I coloured Ellie with my Copic markers in traditional Christmas colours. She went perfectly with the Sweetest Christmas DSP by Stampin’ Up!, plus its theme was candy canes! Couldn’t get better than that!

The diagonal striped Real Red die cut piece allowed the DSP to show through. So, I matched the openings in the die cut to the DSP stripes which added to my candy cane striped theme. Even the die cut candy canes behind the sentiment were from the DSP.

The sentiment “Candy Cane Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses” summed up my card perfectly! I threaded some Garden Green ribbon through the die cuts holes in the sentiment piece. A flat jingle bell trinket tied with white Baker’s Twine mirrored her bell on her hat. I kept the tails of the twine long so that I could make them swirl on the card.

Some Red Rhinestones and Glossy Accents on the Candy Cane added some nice sparkle to the card.

--------------------------

Copic Markers:

Skin: E000/E00/E21/E11/E04/R20
Hair: E29/E27/E25/E23
Reds: R39/R29/R24/R24
Greens: G99/G94/G21
Jingle Bell/Buckle: Y26/Y23/Y21/Glossy Accents
Belt: C6/C4/C3
Candy Cane: R39/R37/R31/C3/C1/0/Glossy Accents


--------------------------

Card Recipe for My Candy Cane Wishes Card:

Tiny Elf Ellie, Paper Nest Dolls
Paper Basics - Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Papertrey Ink
Sweetest Christmas Designer Series Paper, Stampin’ Up!
Sweet Candy Canes Bundle, Stampin’ Up!
Real Red & Garden Green Ribbon Combo Pack, Stampin’ Up!
Flat Jingle Bell Trinkets, Stampin’ Up!
Baker's Twine Essentials Pack, Stampin’ Up!
Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin’ Up!
Glossy Accents, Ranger
Basic White and Real Red Card Stock, Stampin’ Up!

Finished card size: 5 ½” x 4 ¼”

Stamp Size: 4” Tall

--------------------------

Hope you like my Design Team card for Paper Nest Dolls!
Thank you for stopping by!

Hugs,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs