Monday, March 13, 2023

Like TOTALLY Awesome Birthday



Hello Crafty Friends! It's Laurie here! I am sharing my Like TOTALLY Awesome Birthday as my Design Team Inspiration Card for Paper Nest Dolls using Decade Collection 80's Girl Ellie. There are ten dolls in the Decade Collection that come in both rubber and digital stamps. You can find all the digital versions here.


The Details of My Card

For my card, I decided to go with the bright neon colours of the 80’s. I usually don’t use these colours, but it was fun to go outside my comfort zone! I even used Copic markers that I haven’t used before! This might be dating me, but do you remember leg warmers and “Gag me with a Spoon” (said with my best Valley Girl voice)? Lol!

Doodlebug paper is always so bright and colourful that I decided to go with the Hey Cupcake paper. Perfect for my birthday theme in these bright colours! I also wanted a bright neon green and went with a piece of Parakeet Party DSP.

The Framed Florets Dies gave me a perfect backdrop for Ellie and I couldn’t resist using the bright pink sprinkles paper behind her to make her pop.

The sentiment was printed out on my computer. I used a fun script called Mystical Woods Smooth Script at 12pt which I cut apart so that I could run it beside Ellie. I popped up “Like”, TOTALLY” and “birthday” to give visual interest and to highlight these words since they are what my card is all about!

To add to the birthday theme, I added a banner that was die cut from the Doodlebug paper.

I found some bright sequins in my stash that went beautifully with my bright neon colours. Star Dust Stickles was added to the heart on her top, her earrings and the accents on her bow.

--------------------------

Copic Markers

Skin: E15/E13/E11/E00/E000/R20
Hair: E25/YR24/Y26/Y21
Pinks: R85/R83/R81
Greens: YG09/YG06/YG03/YG01
Blacks: C7/C6/C4
Bracelets: YG09/R85/C6
Earrings: YG09/YG01


--------------------------

Card Recipe for My Like TOTALLY Awesome Birthday Card

Paper Basics - Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Papertrey Ink
Hey Cupcake 6” x 6” Paper Pad, Doodlebug Design Inc.
Butterfly Kisses 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper, Stampin’ Up!
Framed Florets Dies, Stampin’ Up!
Flag Banner Dies, from my Stash
Sequins, from my Stash
Star Dust Stickles, Ranger
Polished Pink and Basic White Card Stock, Stampin’ Up!

Finished card size: 5 ½” x 4 ¼”

Stamp Size: 4”

--------------------------

Hope you like my Design Team Inspiration Card using
Decade Collection 80's Girl Ellie by Paper Nest Dolls!

Thank you for stopping by!

Hugs,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs