Friday, February 4, 2022

Will You Be My Valentine Viking?

Hello Crafty Friends! It's Laurie here! I am sharing my Will You Be My Valentine Viking? for my Design Team Inspiration for Paper Nest Dolls. I used Viking Andrew with mustache ties from the Viking Bundle. This bundle has three characters and two animals - Viking Andrew (with and without the mustache ties), Viking Owen, Viking Dragon, and Viking Boar.

The Details of my Card

I had so much fun colouring with my Copic markers this brawny guy in appropriate Viking colours! His colouring even matches another card called My Let’s Go A-Viking Card that I made for Paper Nest Dolls for their New Year’s Day Event. They would make a perfect pair!

For my card, I found some neat digital paper with Viking watercolour images that suited my theme. The Viking ships in the bottom panel were from an invitation in the digital package, and I just cropped it to include only the ships. I then had a choice of which ship to highlight and went with the red/white sail one to match my reds.

Since I plan to give this card to my Hubby, I kept the embellishments minimal with several die-cut hearts for my Valentine theme and a scattering of red rhinestones. I love how the Viking chipboard accents highlight the fun sentiment that I punch out with heart punches.

--------------------------

Viking Andrew

Skin: E04/E11/E21/E00/E000
Hair: W7/W6/W5/W3
Top: YG99/YG97/YG95/YG93/YG91
Pants/Mitts: R39/R37/R35/R32
Fur Trim: C7/C5/C3
Boots: E49/E47/E44
Axe: C7/C5/C4/C3/E49/E47/E44
Brass/Belt/Bracers: E18/E15/E11
Steel on Helmet: C7/C5/C3
Skull on Belt: E42/E41/E40/0
Horns on Helmet: E41/E40/0

--------------------------

Supplies for Will You Be My Valentine Viking?:

Viking Bundle, Paper Nest Dolls
Paper Basics - Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Papertrey Ink
Cozy Winter 12” x 12” Designer Paper Pack, P13
Viking Digital Paper, Happy Watercolor Shop
Brave Vikings Stamp Set, Stampin’ Up! (Sentiment)
Give It a Whirl Dies, Stampin’ Up! (Hearts)
Heart Punch Pack, Stampin’ Up!
Seafaring Chipboard, Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps
Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin’ Up!
Mossy Meadow, Real Red and White Card Stock

Finished card size: 5 ½” x 5 ½”

--------------------------

Hope you like my Will You Be My Valentine Viking?
using the Viking Bundle by Paper Nest Dolls!

Thank you for stopping by!

Hugs,
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Rotten Tomatoes Interview With Michael Jackson - DR MCD
    Rotten Tomatoes Interview With 화성 출장마사지 Michael Jackson. Michael 경기도 출장샵 Jackson. Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson is the greatest 김포 출장샵 and most important 용인 출장안마 person on the 의왕 출장안마 planet. We

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs