Thursday, June 9, 2022

My Grease Lightning Card



Hello Crafty Friends! It's Laurie here! I am sharing My Grease Lightning Card as my Design Team Inspiration Card for Paper Nest Dolls using Decade Collection Greaser Owen and Decade Collection Poodle Skirt Emma. There are ten dolls in the Decade Collection that come in both rubber and digital stamps. You can find all the digital versions here.



The Details of My Card


When I saw these two stamps, I knew that I had to create a card with them both on it! I had a lot of fun colouring them with my Copic markers! I even added Glossy Accents to the milkshake glass and Emma’s glasses.

For my card, I decided to create a 50s diner vibe using the most perfect paper with milk shakes, records, and black/white tiles that I found on Amazon.

I heat embossed with black embossing powder the record from the For the Record Stamp Set twice. Once on gray card stock and once on red card stock. Then, using several circle dies, I die cut the pieces out. I couldn’t resist using the red card stock for the heart part in the centre of the record! And the grooves really show up well with the black embossing on the gray card stock. Don’t you love the sentiments, especially the puny one, that come with the stamp set!



Isn’t the car die so fun! I thought it would suit my 50’s vibe as an homage to Grease Lightning from the movie Grease. The door even opens. So, I had Owen’s leg halfway in almost like he was getting out of the card.

A red rhinestone and several black dot embellishments tie into my colour scheme.

--------------------------

Copic Markers


Greaser Owen
Skin: E04/E11/E21/E00/E000
Hair: C9/C7/C6
Jacket/Boots: C9/C7/C6/C4
Jeans: B99/B97/B95/B93/B91
Belt: C9/C6/C7C3
Shirt: C3/C1/0





Poodle Skirt Emma
Skin: E04/E11/E21/E00/E000/R20
Hair: E29/E27/E25/E23/E21
Sweater/Scarf: R89/R85/R83/R81/C3/C1/0
Skirt: C9/C7/C6/C4
Glasses: R85/Glossy Accents
Shoes: C9/C6/E25/E23/C3/C1/0
Socks: C3/C1/0/R85
Milkshake: R85/R83/R81/C1/0/Glossy Accents
Cherry: R89/R85
Straw: R89/C3/0





--------------------------

Card Recipe for My Grease Lightning Card


Paper Basics - Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Papertrey Ink
50’s Diner Red & Black 8” x 8” Scrapbook Paper,
Crafters Delight by Leska Hamaty
Galvanized Metallic Paper, Stampin’ Up!
For The Record Stamp Set, Stampin’ Up!
Route 66 Dies, Local King Rubber Stamps
Layering Circles Dies, Stampin’ Up!
Standard Circle Dies, Spellbinders
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad, Stampin’ Up!
VersaMark Ink, Stampin’ Up!
Basics Embossing Powder, Stampin’ Up!
Heat Tool, Stampin’ Up!
Classic Matte Dots, Stampin’ Up!
Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin’ Up!
Glossy Accents, Ranger
Real Red, Basic Gray, and Basic White Card Stock, Stampin’ Up!

Finished card size: 5 ½” x 5 ½”

Stamps Size: 4”

--------------------------

Hope you like my Design Team Inspiration Card using

Thank you for stopping by!

Hugs,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs