Thursday, February 23, 2023

Have a Flappable Birthday


Hello Crafty Friends! It's Laurie here! I am sharing Have a Flappable Birthday as my Design Team Inspiration Card for Paper Nest Dolls using Decade Collection Flapper Girl Emma. There are ten dolls in the Decade Collection that come in both rubber and digital stamps. You can find all the digital versions here.


The Details of My Card

For my card, I used my Copic markers to colour Flapper Emma’s outfit in a very striking colour scheme of red and black to create a Roaring 20s theme. I love this Era with all it’s gorgeous outfits, Art Deco, and the dance/music scene!

The Mon Amour Papercrafting Paper by Graphic 45 had women with vintage style clothing on it, but I decided to go with the more neutral designs since I wanted the embellishments and Emma to shine. I felt that the Marvelous Squares Dies created an Art Deco feel with their die cuts adding to my Roaring Twenties theme.

Since Emma had a boa on, I decided to add some real feathers in white and red to tie in my colour scheme. Also, since it’s Mardi Gras week, I thought a mask would be a fun accent to add in front of the feathers. To bring out the details of the mask, I rubbed some white gold wax across it.

Don’t you love the sentiment! Perfect for my card since the Roaring 20s was all about living life to the fullest!

To add some sparkle, I used black and clear rhinestone sticker flourishes in opposite corners and a scattering of red rhinestones. I also added Star Dust Stickles to Emma’s boa and her headpiece. Glossy Accents was added to her pearls.

--------------------------

Copic Markers

Skin: E15/E13/E11/E00/E000/R20
Hair: E39/E37/E35/E33
Reds: R59/R29/R27/R24
Blacks: C9/C7/C6/C4

--------------------------

Card Recipe for My Have a Flappable Birthday Card

Paper Basics - Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Papertrey Ink
Mon Amour Papercrafting Paper, Graphic 45
Nestabilities Majestic Elements Marvelous Squares Die, Spellbinders
Venetian Accents Shapeabilities Dies, Spellbinders 
White Gold Metallique Wax, Art Alchemy
Potted Geraniums Bundle, Stampin’ Up!
White Feathers, Creatology, Michaels Arts & Crafts
Red Feathers, Creatology, Michaels Arts & Crafts
Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin’ Up!
Recollection Bling Stickers, Michaels Arts & Crafts 
Star Dust Stickles, Ranger
Glossy Accents, Ranger
Real Red and Basic Black Card Stock, Stampin’ Up!

Finished card size: 5 ¼” x 5 ¼”

Stamp Size: 4”

--------------------------

Hope you like my Design Team Inspiration Card using

Thank you for stopping by!

Hugs,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs