Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Yeti for the Holidays?


Hello Crafty Friends! It's Laurie here! I am sharing my Yeti for the Holidays? as my Design Team Inspiration Card for Paper Nest Dolls using Yeti Father and Son. I just love these cuties. There is a Yeti Mom and Baby that you could add to this card for the whole family! Lol!

The Details of My Yeti for the Holidays?

I had a lot of fun colouring these two with my Copic markers! I decided to create a fur texture with individual strokes in the shadows and left the highlights white. The tree was also coloured with individual strokes to create texture. The Father Yeti’s tie pulled together my colour scheme of red and green.

For my card, I wanted to use the Whimsy paper with these cuties. This paper is perfect for those wintery scenes! In fact, I used it for another card that I made a few years ago and will post it at the end.

So, I created a slimline card using the Dotted Slimline Dies by Studio Katia. I used all three dies that came in the set to create my card. I thought it would be fun having the yetis stepping out of the wintery scene with their Christmas tree.

To complete my wintery scene and to add interest, I used a Stitched Hillside Die to add an extra layer to the scene. I made sure that my “snowbank” did not cover up the snow-covered trees on the background.

Next, I typed and printed my sentiment out on my computer. There are so many great sentiments out there that it was hard to pick one! Lol! The sentiment was die cut out with another stitched die.

For embellishments, I used some wooden snowflakes that I had in my stash for that rustic look and a scattering of red rhinestones to add sparkle.

--------------------------

Copic Markers

Fur: W3/W1/W0/0
Faces: E43/E42/E41/E40/RV00/0
Horns/Nails/Tree Trunk: E44/E43/E42/E41
Reds: R29/R27/R24/R22
Greens: G29/YG63/YG03

--------------------------

Card Recipe for My Yeti for the Holidays?

Yeti Father and Son, Paper Nest Dolls
Paper Basics - Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Papertrey Ink
Frozen Slimline Designer Paper Pack, Whimsy Stamps
Dotted Slimline Dies, Studio Katia
Slimline Stitched Hillside Border Dies, Lawn Fawn
Stylish Shapes Dies, Stampin’ Up!
Wooden Snowflake Embellishments, Stampin’ Up!
Red Rhinestone Jewels, Stampin’ Up!
Garden Green and Real Red Card Stock, Stampin’ Up!

Finished card size: 8 ½” x 3 ½”

Stamp Size: 3”

--------------------------

My Merry Penguins Card

For more information on my other card, please click here.

Hope you like my Yeti for the Holidays? Card using
Yeti Father and Son by Paper Nest Dolls!

Thank you for stopping by!

Hugs,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs