Sunday, February 21, 2021

Mermaid Princess - Happy Birthday Card

Hi PND Fans! Betty here with another card inspiration! When my daughter was three years old, her favorite Disney movie was The Little Mermaid. This was one movie I really enjoyed watching repeatedly. This July, Disney is coming out with a live action movie starring Halle Bailey (musician) as Ariel and Melissa McCarthy as Ursula! I can't wait for this movie to come out! After hearing about this news, I had to make a card with Paper Nest Dolls' Ariel-inspired mermaid, "Mermaid Princess." This stamp comes in red rubber and in digital (I used the digital).


I kept the A2 sized card simple by printing the digital stamp and then used masking tape to mask it so that I can do some ink blending for the background. I used Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to ink blend the bottom to make it look like sand, then used my Copic markers to highlight the ripples in the water and used a light brushing of Distress Oxide in Mermaid Lagoon to make the water. Lastly, I used a cloud stencil from Stamp Anniething and used Distress Oxide in Mermaid Lagoon ink for the sky.

After the background was done, I peeled off the mask and colored the image using Copic markers. Colors are listed below. 


Copic markers used:
Hair: E18, E08, YR18, YR14
Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Cheeks: R20
Teal: BG57, BG13, BG23, BG11
Purple: V15, V12, V01
Yellow: Y17, Y15, Y13, Y11
Brown: E44, E47, E55, E42
Water: B01, B00, B000


I cut out a lacy die from Gina Marie Designs. I cut out a white mat and colored the edges with Distress Oxide in Mermaid Lagoon to match the clouds. I typed the sentiment using my computer and printed it out then used a Banner Die from Stamp Anniething, inked the edges with a Copic marker (BG57) and adhered it to the card using foam squares. I used a white gel pen to add some dots for highlights to the card.


I hope you enjoyed my card today! Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day! Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs