Saturday, April 30, 2022

Decade Dolls: Have a GROOVY Birthday

Hello PND Fans! Betty here today. What is your favorite decade? My favorite is the 70's, because I love the bright color fashions, the music, the disco! Paper Nest Dolls came out with new stamps called Decade Dolls and the first one I had to color is Disco Amara. Of course, I had to make a disco scene for Amara! There are 10 Decade Dolls that you can find on the Paper Nest Dolls digital store. They are  available in red rubber stamps as well.



To make this A6 card, I printed the stamp, colored it with Copic markers, then fussy cut her out. I created the sentiment on my computer and printed it at the same time I printed the stamp.

Copic makers used:
Skin: E59, E57, E15, E33, E31
Cheeks: R32
Hair: 100, C9, C7, C5, C3
Dots on dress- Purple: V15, Green: YG07, Pink: RV17, Orange: YR16
Blue: BG04, BG02, BG01, BG000
Shoes: Pink: RV17, RV14, RV11; Orange: YR16, YR14, YR12


Supplies:
-Pink cardstock: Michaels Crafts
-Chevron Embossing folder: Darice
-Geometric Stencil: Amazon
-Distress Oxide: Mermaid Lagoon, Carved Pumpkin, Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn
-Patterned paper: Photoplay
-Scalloped Edge Dies: Scrappy Boy Stamps
-Disco Ball & Stars: Stamp Anniething
-Silver glitter cardstock: JoAnn's Crafts

I first created the pink mat layer by embossing it using the chevron embossing folder. Then I created stenciled background by using the Geometric Stencil and Distress Oxide inks. I used a ink blending brush and overlapped some of the colors. I adhered this onto the pink layer. I cut out the patterned papers using the scalloped edge dies and adhered them to the stenciled background.


To create the disco ball, I first inked white cardstock using the Distress Oxide inks, making sure to ink the different colors in different spots. Then I used the disco ball circle to cut it out. I cut out the front part of the disco ball using silver glitter cardstock and adhered it to the inked circle. At this time I cut out the stars and adhered them to the patterned papers along with the disco ball.

I adhered Amara onto the card front using double-sided adhesive foam squares. To finish the card, I matted the sentiment then adhered it using the double-sided adhesive foam squares.


Such a fun stamp to color and card to make! I'll for sure be coloring more Decade Dolls! 

Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful and creative day! ~Betty~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs