Thursday, April 28, 2022

Give Peace a Chance

My Make Peace, Not War Card

Hello Crafty Friends! It's Laurie here! I am sharing my Give Peace a Chance as my Design Team Inspiration Card for Paper Nest Dolls using the new release Decade Collection Hippie Ellie. With everything going on in the world right now, I thought this was a very appropriate card for the times!

The Details of My Card

I had a lot of fun colouring Hippie Ellie with my Copic markers! Don’t you just love her jeans with the patches and her suede fringe vest! She is such a groovy hipster!

For my card, I found this perfect paper that had a Seventies theme! I loved it so much that I wanted to use a whole sheet for my card front! So, I used a fun fold called a Z-Fold Card for the card base, but I reversed it into a backwards Z. I wanted the love bug to show on the front with Ellie when the card is closed. This type of card folds up to a regular A2 card but allows for lots of room to decorate! It also is neat how you open it, and the paper continually keeps going!  

Full Card Laid Flat

Since the paper was so detailed, I only used a few dies to dress it up such as the Love, Peace, daisies, and peace sign. They were from the Retro Bus by Elizabeth Craft Designs. I bought this set planning to use them for the Decade Dolls and they were perfect for Hippie Ellie! A couple of sequins and glimmery dots for the flower centres was all the embellishments this card needed.

Measurements

Card Base:  5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼” and 2 1/8”.  Cut the Seventies 6” x 6” paper to 5 ¼” tall, then cut at 2” and 4:”. You could leave the last panel for your sentiment, but I decided to add a fourth panel using a 2” piece of floral rice paper as a background for my coloured stamp.

--------------------------

Copic Markers

Skin: E04/E11/E21/E00/E000/R20
Hair: E39/E37/E35/E33
Jeans: B99/B97/B95/B93/B91
Top: R29/R27/R24/R22
Vest: E29/E27/E25/E23/E21
Shoes: E29/E27/E25/E23
Green: G99/G94/G21
Flowers: R29/R24/R22/Y38

Close Up of Hippie Ellie

--------------------------

Card Recipe for My Give Peace a Chance

Paper Basics - Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Papertrey Ink
Seventies 6” x 6” Paper Pad, Ciao Bella
1928: Retro Bus Dies, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Rice Paper A4 Love Peace Joy, Ciao Bella
Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins, Stampin’ Up!
Glittery Enamel Dots, Stampin’ Up!
Real Red and Basic White Card Stock, Stampin’ Up!

Finished card size: 5 ½” x 4 ¼”

--------------------------

Hope you like my Design Team Inspiration Card using
Decade Collection Hippie Ellie by Paper Nest Dolls!

Thank you for stopping by!

Hugs,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs