Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Fairy Under Mushroom

Hello everyone, it's Erika here again.
Today I want to show you a new card I have made using an image I really like. It is the Fairy Under Mushroom image. I just love all of those little fairy images :)



I colored this image with copic markers, but unfortunately I didn't really get the coloring as good as I wanted to. I don't know what happened the day I did the card, things just kept ending badly for me. I redid the coloring about 3 times and this was the best one I got. Not that I have ever been very good at coloring images, but this time I think I might have lost any talent I previously had. But it's ok anyway, I guess all of us have bad days every now and then right?

This card is pretty simple and I just used white cardstock, a piece of patterned paper, a spellbinders die, some washi tape and stickles. I did some paper piecing by printing the mushroom and fairy wings twice and glues them down on the image to get some more dimension to the card. And of course I had to add stickles to the wings.

Here's a closeup of the card

That was all for me today and I hope you like the card. And be sure to stop by at the shop to get your hand on some of the great images available.

/Erika

2 comments:

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs