Friday, May 10, 2013

Rock On

Today we welcome guest designer Tina Gilliland!


I live in Des Moines, Iowa and am married to a REAL Prince Charming! Ok Ok... so he doesn't own a drawbridge castle and white horse. BUT... he WAS in a white uniform when I met him... hee hee! My husband retired from the Navy after being in for 20 years. We have two beautiful children, a son... age 15 and a daughter... age 11. I am a stay-at-home mom and currently the DT Coordinator for the Color Me Creative challenge site and also on the design teams of MarkerPOP!, the Paper Temptress and I Brake for Stamps.  I love using my Copics to color a much as I can and have recently started doing more on Smash Books and Heidi Swapp Memory Files. I have been enjoying using the Paper Nest images and appreciate the opportunity to share my work with you all.  







Hi everyone!!! I'm so happy to be sharing my card with you all and truly appreciate Christine asking me to be a guest designer for her today!

Today I'm sharing an adorable image by the The Paper Nest.  This little cutie holds a special place in my heart as Christine drew it especially for my drummer daughter... "Rockin Emily"!!  And trust me... that she does!! Advil... take me away!! LOL  But seriously, she does fabulously after only two years of lessons.

My image was colored with Copics and I added a bit of Memento ink around the edges.  I mounted it with some Pop Dots to give my card a bit more dimension.  I have a few different designer papers here, some from my personal stash and another from BoBunny.

My adorable ribbon, which I can't seem to get enough of, is from the Paper Temptress.  Not sure if it's still available but I have tons so I'm set for a while! Ha!

I added a few paper roses to my card and the teal one is sprayed with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.  I can't remember where my crystal flowers came from but I only had a few and thought they would be perfect here.

My card was created for my daughter's drum teacher.  She loves blues and purples together (a lady after my own heart) and that was my inspiration for my design.  I admittedly, didn't use the sentiments which came with my image but my daughter's teacher is always telling her this so I felt  it fit for me to just write it in.  Hope Christine will forgive me on that.  ;-)

There are so many adorable images at The Paper Nest and I've found myself looking through the store instead of getting busy with this write up.. hee.  So, when you've got time... so browse all the fab images and if you're like me, you'll fill your cart QUICKLY!!!!

Have a fabulous Friday and remember to *HUG* those you love today!!  Thanks again, Christine for allowing me to share my work.  *HUGS*


Signature Follow Me on Pinterest
 Copics I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs